- This event has passed.
World Congress on Public Health and Nutrition
10/03/2016 - 12/03/2016
OMICS International Conferences invites all the participants from all over the world to attend ‘World Congress on Public Health and Nutrition’ during 10-12 March 2016 in Madrid, Spain which includes prompt keynote presentations, oral talks, poster presentations and exhibitions.
The theme of the congress is ‘Integrated approaches for promoting public health through nutrition’ to provide a premier inter-multi-trans-disciplinary forum for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss about public health careers, the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns, practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted in the health promotion, disease prevention, programme development, and nutrition interventions.
OMICS International is a pioneering open access online publisher and the global event organiser that publishes over 700+ peer reviewed journals and organises 1000+ science events in the fields of clinical, medical, pharmaceutical, and life sciences, including business, engineering and technology.
Why to Attend?
In the light of this theme, the conference series aims at providing the links between diet and health by creating a platform for active participation, exchange of expertise and lateral thinking from health researchers, scientists, policy makers, practitioners and educators through invited plenary lectures, symposia, workshops, invited sessions and oral and poster sessions of unsolicited contributions.
The conference series look forward to welcoming you to an inspiring, educational and enjoyable programme in Madrid, Spain with the intent of emphasising the application of food and nutrition knowledge, policy, and research to the improvement of the health of populations.
- Health Promotion Practitioners
- Health Advocates
- Nutrition Educators
- Community Health Workers
- Public Health Departments
- Health Consumers
- Health Policy Makers
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Midwives
- Nutrition Trainers
- Nurse Practitioners
Scope and Importance:
Public health focuses on the health of the public in aggregate. It addresses monitoring and surveillance of nutritional status and nutritional environments in communities or populations at risk, identifies and analyses behavioural, sociocultural, economic, political, and environmental determinants of nutrition-related public health. The 20th century provided horrendous examples of violence, neglect, injustice, suffering and death that resulted from disregard of fundamental values and goals of public health, also Public health has many enormous achievements to its credit adding many years of life expectancy globally. The ultimate goal of public health is the biologic, physical and mental well-being of the society by prolonging life and promoting healthy lifestyle. It includes pre-planning of natural and man-made disasters. Various health systems around the world incorporate public health activities and responsibilities differently, depending on the structure, financing, and availability of health care in a population. The modern public health also deals with disease transmission by conducting research that contributes to generalizable knowledge. Public health has a challenging future which requires building public credibility in face of opposition and reluctance to immunise or to adopt healthy lifestyles, unjustified delayed adoption of effective prevention methods, and challenges and rollbacks due to anti-public health activism. For more, click here.
- Event Categories:
- Congress, Nutrition, Public Health
- Event Tags:
- Career in public health, Community health workers, Conference, Diet, Dieticians, Disease prevention, Disease transmission, Educators, Epidemiologists, Exhibitions, Food knowledge, Health, Health advocates, Health consumers, Health policy, Health policy makers, Health promotion, Health promotion practitioners, Health researchers, Healthcare, Integrated approaches for promoting public health through nutrition, International conferences, Invited sessions, Keynote presentations, Madrid, Nurse midwives, Nurse practitioners, Nutrition, Nutrition educators, Nutrition interventions, Nutrition trainers, Nutrition-related public health, Nutritional knowledge, Nutritionists, OMICS International, Oral sessions, Oral talks, Physician assistants, Physicians, Plenary lectures, Policy-makers, Poster presentations, Poster sessions, Practitioners, Programme development, Public health, Public health careers, Public health departments, Research policy, Researchers, Scientists, Spain, Students, Symposia, Workshops, World Congress on Public Health and Nutrition
- OMICS International Conferences
- Unnamed Venue
- Madrid, Spain + Google Map